I am sure this is going to be great! My husband made a LOT of wild rice the other day and I do not want it to go to waste. So this is going to be sitting in our fridge pretty soon! I was drawn to this recipe because of the picture. It was very colorful, so I am very excited to see how it turns out!
Cherry, Wild Rice, and Quinoa Salad
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed if necessary
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fruity vinegar, such as raspberry or pomegranate
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups halved pitted fresh sweet cherries
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3/4 cup diced aged goat cheese, smoked Cheddar or other smoked cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add wild rice and cook for 30 minutes. Add quinoa and cook until the rice and quinoa are tender, about 15 minutes more. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool to the touch; drain well.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the rice and quinoa, cherries, celery, cheese and pecans and toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.